Tuesday 29 June 2010

The birth of Black Middens

Well it has been a long time since I last wrote an entry here! The Black Middens Project has come to some sort of a conclusion, but it is by no means over. It was a surprisingly pleasant birthing process, absolutely a labour of love!

Since I last wrote here I have had my head down editing together all the information I gathered on my various forays to Black Middens Bastle House. Phil made a great sound piece with the sounds he captured on site. He also convinced me that I had the right voice for the layer of sound that forms the structure for the whole piece. I wanted to use all the co-ordinates I had noted down for the places that encircled Black Middens on the OS map as a framework for my editing so Phil sat me down in front of a microphone in his sitting room and I went through the list.

Above is the diagram that formed the structure for the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment