Sunday 21 March 2010

more measurements

Myself and Phil Ogg were up at Black Middens on the 12th March.

I took more measurements with the Colour Cue. I'm working on connecting the Bastle House with surrounding places which have colours in their names. Once again I circumnavigated the bastle house this time with a compass. Using calculations I'd made from an OS map, I took colour measurements and photographs in a bid to relate Black Middens to places such as Green Eyes Craggs and Greymare Moss. This information will feed into an animation I plan to make for presentation at the VARC ten year anniversary celebrations (early June at High Green).

Phil (who is a sound artist and musician based in Allenheads) took himself off in search of sounds to record. He made about 40 recordings which was no mean feat, it is very quiet at Black Middens!!

We are going to get together this week and see if we can work with the sounds in relation to the ideas I have for drawings and animations. Working with sound is a new direction for me so time will tell what will develop out of this latest visit to the Tarset area.......

No comments:

Post a Comment